Stay up-to-date with our latest news
Demand for Digital Marketers Continues to Boom
13th May 2014
“ Companies Need to Hire More Digital Marketers” – that’s the message coming from Adobe’s recent survey of over 1,000 marketers.
As demand for digital marketing professionals continues to grow a new scholarship from the Digital Marketing Institute launches today. The award will cover 100% of the fees for its three month Postgraduate in Digital Marketing, starting this June 14th and valued at €4970.
80% of last year’s Postgraduate Class Employed in Digital
The course promises to equip students with all the tools necessary to build a solid career in digital. Over 80% of last year’s postgraduate class now work in digital.
The scholarship and course is aimed at graduates and business professionals looking to reskill or improve on their existing qualifications and skill set in a short period of time.
A number of recent surveys demonstrate the job opportunities for qualified digital marketing professionals
- Adobe Digital Roadblock, March 2014: Marketers cite digital/social marketers (47%), data analysts (38%), creatives (38%) and mobile marketers (36%) as the key roles companies need to invest in over the next 12 months.
- Amárach Marketers in Ireland Research, Q1 2014: 88% of Irish marketers predict marketing jobs growth or stability in the coming year.
- Linkedin: Social media marketing is the top skill that got people hired in 2013, a subject taught in depth on the course.
Speaking of the scholarship, which is launching for the first time, Ian Dodson, Co-founder and Director of the Digital Marketing Institute said: “In a more buoyant, yet competitive jobs market, having the edge over other graduates or professionals is an absolute must. A Postgrad does just that, especially in a booming sector such as digital. We are delighted to be offering someone the opportunity to achieve an industry-recognised qualification so they’ll be ready to embark on a digital marketing career by this September.”
To apply for the scholarship applicants should meet the minimum course admissions requirements which includes:
- a recognised third level honours degree (minimum of a lower second class honours degree)
- having suitable work experience in a marketing (or associated) role
- Non-native English speakers must hold an IELTS (level 6.0 or higher)
- Other applicants will be considered based on their professional experience, attitude and skills.
Candidates should submit:
- A detailed up-to-date CV
- 300 words outlining their motivation for applying for the course and why they should be considered for the scholarship opportunity
To hear more about the scholarship, course and what the digital industry is looking for in candidates direct from a digital career coach, the Digital Marketing Institute is hosting two Free Digital Careers Evening will take place on May 14th and May 29th in the Chartered Accountants House, Dublin 2 from 5.30pm.
The closing date for applications is Monday, May 26th and applicants must be available to start the course on June 14th. The award will be based on the most suitable candidate as selected by a panel of representatives from The Digital Marketing Institute on the basis of submitted documentation.
For more information on the course and to apply for the scholarship visit: digitalmarketinginstitute.com/
- ends –
- Rachel Byrne, Digital Marketing Institute, +353 1 531 1200 / +353 87 1927236 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bernice Burnside, Bvisible Communications, +353 1 845 2401/ +353 87 2337366
Adobe Digital Roadblock
Linkedin Research on the Top Skills that got people hired
About the Digital Marketing Institute
The Digital Marketing Institute is the global certification standard in digital marketing education, producing more graduates trained to a single digital marketing standard than any other certification body.
The Digital Marketing Institute works with global digital experts and leaders to define the skills and qualifications required by today’s digital marketing professionals, certifying candidates to Diploma, Postgraduate and Masters levels all over the globe.
The Digital Marketing Institute now certifies digital professionals through the following channels:
- Online: Where students can study for certification directly with the Digital Marketing Institute through online learning
- Licence: Where the Digital Marketing Institute licences its syllabus to an approved third party organisation to teach the content on its behalf
- Corporate: Where the Digital Marketing Institute offers access to its learning library to enterprise level corporates and delivers tailored certification programmes
Digital Marketing Institute courses are defined and validated by leading digital brands and agencies, ensuring students receive an accredited education standard recognised by the digital industry.
The Full Time Postgraduate Diploma runs over three months from June – August 2014. Through a combined teaching approach of lectures and live tutorials from working digital marketing practitioners, students will learn to create highly effective digital marketing strategies that will allow them to fast-track your digital career.
Declan Gray, Owner of Evolve marketing agency studied the Postgraduate Diploma with the Digital Marketing Institute and changed his agency to survive the downturn. He now employs three Digital Marketing Institute graduates:
He says: “Initially I was drawn to the Digital Marketing Institute because of the lecturing structure they offered and how industry peers and professionals gave you on-the-ground industry knowledge. Making the decision to educate myself in digital marketing really helped the company to turn a corner. We have been so successful we’ve needed to expand our workforce and we’ve hired three fellow Digital Marketing Institute graduates, because I know their digital understanding will be top notch.”
Suzanne McVey completed the Postgraduate Diploma in Digital Marketing at the Digital Marketing Institute in 2013. Currently working as an Online Marketing Specialist with The TAS Group, Suzanne successfully transitioned from a traditional marketing career to a role in the digital sector:
She said: “My role was largely offline, but was awarded responsibility for the management and maintenance of the company website, this was the spark which ignited my interested in a career with an online focus. Ultimately, I wanted to find a career that I really enjoyed and had a passion for, instead of just having a “job”. I thought the course was fantastic. It opened up so many doors for me and completely changed my career direction. It is also a great way to network with peers and create relationships where you can bounce ideas off each other after the course.”