How do I get inspiration for my business blog so that I know what kind of articles, videos or podcasts to post is a question I am often asked.
One of the great ways is to read other peoples business blogs – and not always blogs in your own business niche as you can be inspired to develop content learning from others.
So here are seven ideas that might help you develop a content strategy for your business blog:
1. Get ideas from your RSS feeds – remember to model not copy articles respecting the copyright of the original site where the content is posted and always give attribution and a link to the source article
2. Explore the blogs listed in the Technorati blog directory HERE or in other niche directories
3. Review the list of business blogs that are listed in other peoples blog rolls – the list that many bloggers have on the side bar of their business blog
4. Do a search within Google using the Google Blog search engine to find other business blogs for inspiration
5. Review your email, your Facebook Page or Tweets that you receive for questions that your people ask you and turn those answers into blog articles
6. Think about the questions your clients and customers have asked you over the last 3 months and turn those questions into articles – but make sure that you don’t disclose confidential information about your clients
7. Look at award winners of business blogging competitions – for example the short list of the Digital Marketing Awards which was announced recently and hosted by Ashville Media – you will find the shortlist HERE or the list of blogs nominated for a blogging award for Best Business Blog with the Irish Blog Awards
Note: If you already have a business blog and are in Ireland you might be interested in being nominated for the IIA Net Visionary Awards 2010 – nominations for best business blog and best business podcast are open along side many other categories through until 26 March 2010.
What other ways do you get inspiration for content for your business blog articles and content plan?