Ian Dodson, Director & Co-Founder
A visionary leader and prominent advocate for education and digital literacy, Ian Dodson is Co-Founder and Director of the Digital Marketing Institute.
With a background in strategic leadership, business development, digital marketing and international partner management, he has been instrumental in the creation of a broad range of digital marketing and selling education programs from Specialist Diplomas to Postgraduate through to Masters.
For the past 8 years as Director of the Digital Marketing Institute, Ian has helped establish the company’s digital marketing and selling qualifications as the most widely taught global certification standard. In that time, he developed a Syllabus Advisory Council representing the world’s largest and most influential digital brands.
His focus on education standards in digital has resulted in a set of certification standards which serve as a respected qualification and career pathway for universities, students and employers around the world.
As a digital expert, Ian speaks at international conferences and writes for various well-known digital and marketing journals. He is a regular commentator on the national news circuit and regularly contributes to well-known news sources, including The Irish Independent, Newstalk, Sunday Business Post and RTE News.
With a passion for student-centric outcomes and an advocate for education and digital literacy, Ian believes digital technologies are empowering tools for raising economic and social standards globally.
Recent press commentary:
- The Guardian - Digital Marketing Institute's Ian Dodson: most marketers aren't digitally skilled
- Fora.ie - How to 'eat your own dog food' when it comes to digital marketing
- Today FM - The Last Word with Matt Cooper
- RTÈ - (from 00:20) Online Advertising overtakes TV
- Talking New Media - New book published from the founder and director of the Digital Marketing Institute
- Silicon Republic - Leaders’ Insights: Ian Dodson, Digital Marketing Institute
- Silicon Republic - Ian Dodson makes sense of Googles Alphabet soup
- Google Alphabet - (from 02:09) Ian Dodson on Google Alphabet
- RTÈ - (from 01:05) Google restructures its business
- News Talk - Google Rebrand
- Irish Examiner - Alphabet to leave Google investors seeking clarity
- Today FM - (from 21:40) Google's latest update to affect SMEs
- Irish Examiner - Google 'grenade' could hurt SME online trading
- Irish Times - High stakes: Apple Watch a gamble on the next big niche
- Today FM - (from 05:00) The Last Word interview
- RTÈ Radio One - Interpreting Facebooks SuperBowl ad plans
- Tech Central - Google puts Glass on ice
- Business Post - Filling the skills gap
- Independent - Lack of Digital Skills Could Derail the Economy
- News Talk - (from 08:21): Ireland’s Digital Skills Gap
- RTÈ - (from 02:25:00): Apple iPhone 6 launch explained
- Independent - What I wish I’d Known
Interested in interviewing Ian or inviting him as a speaker at your conference?
Contact Rachel Byrne on 01 5311200 or Bernice Burnside on 01 8452401