The Definitive Guide to Digital Success
Designed to make learning accessible, simple and convenient, our textbook enables digital marketing strategy success
Watch an Interview with the author
Welcome to the online home of The Art of Digital Marketing! With the recommended textbook for our certification now in your hands, you can start a journey that provides you with the tools, knowledge and insights needed to excel in the heady world of digital.
As you may have discovered, this book follows a structured approach underpinned by The Digital Marketing Institute’s 3i principles - Initiate, Iterate and Integrate which are expressed through each of the 10 chapters.
Through a simple and usable process, each chapter covers a distinct digital marketing specialism that forms the basis for your activities in that area. In addition, exercises and action plans are included to help you design a comprehensive and successful digital marketing strategy.
Designed to make learning simple, accessible and convenient, the book offers insightful case studies for each chapter.
This additional material is exclusively available below and will ensure a greater depth of understanding of digital marketing through real-life scenarios.
Book Supporting Materials
Chapter 2 - Search Engine Marketing - SEO : View Exercise
Chapter 3 - Search Engine Marketing - PPC : View Exercise
Chapter 4 - Email Marketing : View Exercise
Chapter 5 - Digital Display Advertising : View Exercise
Chapter 6 - Social Media Marketing - Part 1 : View Exercise
Chapter 7 - Social Media Marketing - Part 2 : View Exercise
Chapter 8 - Mobile Marketing : View Exercise
Chapter 9 - Analytics : View Exercise
Email Marketing - Case Study : View Case Study
Mobile Marketing - Case Study : View Case Study
Social Talent - Case Study : View Case Study
Display - Case Study : View Case Study
Search - Case Study : View Case Study
SEO - Case Study : View Case Study
Analytics - Case Study : View Case Study
Heineken - Case Study : View Case Study
Co-Founder and Director of the Digital Marketing Institute
A visionary leader and prominent advocate for education and digital literacy, he has a background in strategic leadership, business development, digital marketing and international partner management.
For the past 8 years, Ian has served as Director of the Digital Marketing Institute and in that time has helped to establish the company’s qualifications as the most widely taught global certification standard in digital marketing.
With a passion for student-centric outcomes and an advocate for education and digital literacy, Ian believes digital technologies are empowering tools for raising economic and social standards globally.
Recent press commentary:
- The Guardian - Most marketers aren't digitally skilled
- Fora.ie - How to 'eat your own dog food' when it comes to digital
- Today FM - The Last Word with Matt Cooper
- RTÈ (from 00:20) - Online Advertising overtakes TV
- Talking New Media - New book published
- Silicon Republic - Ian Dodson makes sense of Googles Alphabet soup
- Google Alphabet (from 02:09) - Ian Dodson on Google Alphabet
- Irish Examiner - Alphabet to leave Google investors seeking clarity
- Today FM (from 21:40) - Google's latest update to affect SMEs
- Irish Examiner - Google 'grenade' could hurt SME online trading
- Irish Times - High stakes: Apple Watch a gamble on the next big niche
- RTÈ (from 01:05) - Google restructures its business
- News Talk - Google Rebrand
- Today FM - (from 05:00) The Last Word interview
- RTÈ Radio One - Interpreting Facebooks SuperBowl ad
- Tech Central - Google puts Glass on ice
- Silicon Republic - Leaders’ Insights: Ian Dodson
- Business Post - Filling the skills gap
- News Talk - (from 08:21): Ireland’s Digital Skills Gap
- RTÈ - (from 02:25:00): Apple iPhone 6 launch explained
- Independent - What I wish I’d Known